Monday, June 05, 2006

X-Men 3: The Last Stand

I forgot to mention in my last post that I saw X-Men 3 on Friday. I also forgot to mention that I hated it. I liked the previous films, but with Bryan Singer gone and this new Brett Ratner guy as director, the series seems to have taken a dive. This one, supposedly being the last, is all about a new 'cure' designed to turn mutants back into normal human beings, effectively treating the issue as if it were a disease. Obviously, Magneto doesn't like this and goes after the makers of the 'cure', as well as the rest of the country, trying to start a war between humans and mutants (again).
A.V. Club Review of X-Men: The Last Stand

2 comments:

Rasengan Zero said...

Aw, it was a great movie. Bryan Singer is a fool for switching to Superman. Though the movie was pretty much rushed throughout the whole way (not to mention the characterization thing, I'll get to that on me blog sometime), I still found it enjoyable, but definitely nowhere near the awesome that X2 is. When I found out Brett Ratner directed X3, I was so disappointed because he could've done so much better.

Jesse said...

*spoiler warning*

I thought it was okay. Nothing special except for the special effects. I thought it was pretty wack when the water was in a pool on the ceiling.

Kirstin (my g/f) kinda wrecked that part where the house lifted into the air, by leaning over and whispering into my ear, "We're not in Kansas anymore!"