Monday, September 04, 2006

Promotional Smoking


Smoking is a pretty big thing worldwide. At least here in Canada, we've taken some steps to try and stop it. Now, since the tobacco companies can't advertise their cigarettes, they've resorted to persuading the stores, as I just witnessed today when my boss for the Co-Op I'm working at brought out a red and white box from the back-room. This was a promotional box for a certain brand of cigarettes (don't remember which), and man were they trying to persuade us. As soon as he opened the lid for the box, this voice popped up from somewhere within. Inside was a large pamphlet pitching us the usual crap about why we should carry their stuff, a nice metal ash-tray and three sample packages of cigarettes. Although I didn't get any pics of the box (there's never really any reason to take a digital camera to work :p ), my boss did allow me to take the 'electronic voice' home.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

That is absolutely amazing. Great blog post.