Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Digg Buttons Pissing Me Off

So I'm getting pissed off at the dynamic buttons that Digg provides. You'll see them in some of my previous posts. I've just been adding the post to Digg and then putting the button in the post later. The thing is is that they don't seem to actually work properly. The button I'm using lets me state what URL I want dugg so that I can show the Digg count for a certain page regardless of where the button is. But it seems to ignore the URL I give it and instead just uses the URL of the page that it's currently being viewed from. In other words, the post page's Digg button shows the Digg count for the story (http://higaara.blogspot.com/2007/04/regarding-unified-theme-in-latest-seed.html) while the main page's Digg button shows the Digg count for the main page of the blog (http://higaara.blogspot.com).

Of course, I could just use Digg's blogging funcionality and just get it to digg every post I make, but I don't like the idea of putting my useless desktop posts and such on there. That and I also like to just have some control.

Note: I will be putting this on Digg in the hopes that someone will help me out.

Please make sure that you are directly viewing the post by clicking on the post title before digging this post.

1 comment:

Artem Kaznatcheev said...

Make me an admin, and I will fix it.