Saturday, April 14, 2007

Regarding the iPhone and It's Phone Functionality

In my last post, I may have over-emphasized the phone functionality in the iPhone. However, the point I was trying to make was that the phone functionality is primarily a trojan horse to get people to use the device, because nobody is going to just use a PDA-only1 type of device, regardless of it's ease of use2. The phone functionality instantly makes the iPhone accessible to a very wide range of users (who doesn't own a cell-phone these days?3).


1. So the iPhone isn't exactly a PDA.
2. There's just nothing 'sexy' about a PDA.
3. Aside from you Artem. :p

2 comments:

Artem Kaznatcheev said...

That is what I was trying to say in my comment. It is just a pumped-up PDA marketed differently.
(I was about to say "I don't!" and then I noticed subnote 3)

Jesse said...

Haha... Except for Artem...