Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Halo review

I gave it a shot. I thought that maybe I wouldn't despise Halo so much if I would at least give a good try at playing the single player campaign (and I was also bored as hell playing HL2DM all the time). So I borrowed it from a friend, played about 5 hours of it and decided once and for all that I HATE HALO. I cannot stand this game. The level design is utterly boring and uninspired, the weapons are all quiet and feel weak, the enemies are dumb as hell, the story is flat as a board and the story-telling is so flat it makes it into the 2D realm. Sometimes, the game would even slow down. A 4 year old game. Slowing down. It's never happened to me in HL2 and it didn't even happen to me in the FEAR demo.

3/10
-A game about fighting aliens that design every single fucking room exactly the same way.

Note: Halo multiplayer is awesome. Halo 2 multiplayer is also awesome. I have no idea about Halo 2 single-player as I've never played it before.

3 comments:

Yunjun said...

the weapons are NOT weak. Banshee > all

Artem Kaznatcheev said...

I love you Kum

Jesse said...

It's better in co-op, and neither is as good as playing online.

I liked the levels except for the Library.

Halo 2 is much better, especially for single player.